RT604 - HLX 421, AEC Regent III, Chassis No: 09611091
New in July 1948, with Body No 1853, the bus
was began its service life at Tring garage but was quickly
transferred to Hemel Hempstead where it remained for over
seven years. It saw service at various other garages north
of the River Thames until February 1974 when it moved south
It was finally withdrawn from service in September
1978. Some ten months later it was sold into preservation
and the P.T.P.G is effectively its second owner since then.
The bus received five complete overhauls during
its service life, which included three changes of body, all
of which were made by Weymann. Buses allocated to London Transport's
Country Area garages were always painted green and the vehicle
was transferred to London Country Bus Services Ltd on 1st
January 1970 in its Lincoln green livery. In June 1977 it
appeared for a final year of service in the N.B.C. corporate
colour of leaf green, in which livery it is currently preserved.
We would like to thank "Blinds for Buses" - blindsforbuses.com -
who supply the blinds displayed on RT604.
RT604 Allocations Details [PDF - download
Acrobat Reader from here]